Monday, February 27, 2012
CFA School 33 Art Center LOTTA ART
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
CLICK HERE to register now!
Deadline: March 24, 2012
School 33 Art Center invites artists to submit artwork for consideration for our annual fundraiser exhibition, LOTTA ART, presented by M&T Bank. This annual lottery-style event raises funds for the support and growth of School 33, the renowned Baltimore arts institution that has championed the arts for over 30 years through exhibitions, studio space, and arts education.
All artwork will be available for preview on School 33’s website www.school33.org and at Silo Point beginning April 13, 2012.
We will be holding an exhibition preview event at Silo Point (1200 Steuart Street, Baltimore, MD 21230) on Friday, April 13th from 6-9pm. Guests will have the opportunity to view the artwork and purchase tickets to the Lotta Art event. This event is FREE and open to the public.
To show our appreciation for your generous contribution of artwork:
A selection committee will nominate three artists as “Best in Show”. Each of these three artists will be awarded a solo exhibition at School 33 Art Center during the 2012-13 exhibition season.
Additionally, ALL selected artists for LOTTA ART will receive:
• Two free guest tickets for the April 21 fundraiser
• The opportunity to purchase a discounted “art ticket" for $100 (that is up to a $75 savings!)
• One year-long membership to School 33
• Discounts on exhibition applications and art classes
• The opportunity to apply for Members’ Gallery solo exhibitions
APPLICATION GUIDELINES (please read carefully):
1. Submitted artwork should be no larger than approximately 36”x36”. School 33 suggests that the value of artwork should be between $100-500.
2. Each artist is required to submit one detail/example image of piece to be donated through our online application.
3. Submissions must represent exact artwork available to donate for the Lotta Art Fundraiser.
4. All work must be securely framed and/or ready to hang or present.
5. Artists must make all necessary arrangements for the delivery and pick up of their artwork.
6. Your donation may be tax-deductible. Please consult your tax advisor for your individual circumstances.
7. All selected artworks should be dropped off at School 33 Art Center NO LATER THAN 5:30pm on March 31, 2012.
8. “Best in Show” prizes for solo exhibitions at School 33 Art Center will be announced during the LOTTA ART event on April 21, 2012.
If you have donated to LOTTA ART in the past, we ask that you continue your support by doing so once again. If you are donating for the first time, please know that your donation will support our mission and our exhibition space—a space that also supports you. For more information about LOTTA ART please contact Rene Trevino at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 443-263-4350.
School 33 Art Center is dedicated to providing opportunities for artists through exhibitions, art classes, workshops, a Studio Artist Program, and special events. School 33 Art Center is a program of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc., and is supported in part by grants from the Mayor and the City Council of Baltimore, M&T Bank, Corrigan Sports / The Under Armour Baltimore Marathon, the Maryland State Arts Council, and through private contributions to School 33 Art Center.