The third annual (e)merge art fair will take place October 3 – 6, 2013, in Washington, DC, at the Rubell Family’s Capitol Skyline Hotel.
(e)merge is the only art fair that gives free exhibition space to artists without gallery representation. If you are an artist who is currently unrepresented by a gallery and has not yet had a solo exhibition in a major museum or Kunsthalle, (e)merge is your forum for discovery.
Last year, 80 exhibitors presented rising talent from the Americas and Europe at (e)merge. More than 5,500 art supporters engaged with painting, sculpture, digital media, performance and installation works by 152 artists from 24 countries in both our gallery and our artist platforms.
The DC region is home to one of the nation’s wealthiest, youngest, most highly educated populations. (e)merge provides inside access to a rapidly expanding cultural market with immense economic power.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED.
The application deadline is May 18 and notifications will be sent out in June.
ARTIST PROSPECTUS (CLICK HERE)
ARTIST PLATFORM APPLICATION (CLICK HERE)
A non-refundable application fee of $55 must be submitted with the online application by Credit Card or PayPal account. No application will be processed without the required fee.
Artists whose proposals are accepted by the selection committee will be provided with exhibition space at the Fair free of charge.
To be eligible for artist exhibition space artist applicants must:
• Be currently without gallery representation
• May have had solo gallery shows, but may not have had a solo exhibition in a major museum or Kunsthalle.
• Whereas work in all media will be carefully considered, projects involving experimental works in non-traditional formats are especially encouraged. Such work may include installation, conceptual art, performance, new media, or the inventive use of materials to express challenging concepts.
You will be asked to upload the following information, please be sure to have your materials prepared in advance to make the process easier.
· Bio / CV including City and State/Province and Country of Residence and contact information (DOC or PDF)
· One page written description of the proposed project for (e)merge (DOC or PDF)
· A preparatory drawing, diagram, photographic image or mock-up of the project proposed as you would envision it realized or installed in a general exhibition setting
· Five (5) images of artist’s work
All images must be submitted as JPG only, max 1024 x 768 pixels at 72 DPI. Images can not exceed 1MB
Additional information on the EXHIBITOR SERVICES page: CLICK HERE
For additional questions/information: firstname.lastname@example.org