Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Phoenix Tree Publishing


Awhile back, my good friend and budding author, D. Cullen Nolan asked me to design his company logo. Which I was able to do in my unique style. Notice the phoenix and the tree are two separate elements, but the trunk from the tree forms the body of the phoenix.

I had designed a book cover for his book "Spy in the House of Fitzwalter" some time ago, but I never got around to backing up the original files and my computer crashed sending all the precious artwork, I had created to that point, off into the ethers. Now the book is going to be available for Kindle, iPads, etc. and so I have created a new design for the occasion. As with the first time around I am using Adam Glazer's wonderful illustration as a basis. You can see the original artwork from Adam below.

You can view more of Adam's artwork at his Inner Sanctum.

No comments:

Post a Comment