Monday, January 24, 2011

Follow Ups

This is a listing for myself of places to follow up with, that I have previously sent an inquiry to.



And for faster reference, I'm reposting my Letter, Bio and statement.
First the Query Letter:

I am inquiring about the submission process for exhibiting my artwork through the Gallery. I have resided in the Washington DC metropolitan area for over 30 years, and my artwork has been shown as far West as California, to Louisiana in the South, up North to New York, and many locations in DC and the surrounding metropolitan.

Have you ever stared at a cloud and saw shapes and images in them? The essence of my art is for the viewer to look deep within my images to find something much more than what they originally saw upon the initial view of the pieces. The images I have created have many layers in them, and though at first glance the main composition does register with them, it is upon further reflection that the viewer can see "hidden images" that were originally unnoticeable.

The approach I take with my artwork is very distinct, in that I incorporate numerous photographs into a very unique composition. Utilizing anywhere from six to two dozen images or more, I build a piece up. At times when layering the images, other images can be noticed, and I will adjust the highlights and shadows adding some digital paint to make the piece more cohesive. With a vivid imagination I try to present the essence of staring at clouds within my own artwork. If you look at the shadow shapes and highlights within the image, other objects will start to take focus.

Please take a few minutes to browse my gallery at http://www.russmcintosh.com

I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks,

-Russ McIntosh
571-329-4663

9206 Dellwood Dr, SW
Vienna, VA 22180
USA




And Bio/Statement:

ARTIST'S STATEMENT
The approach I take with my artwork is very distinct, in that I incorporate numerous photographs into a very unique composition. I take inspiration for my art from the surrealists. I'm particularly fascinated by the double images many artist's invoke in their artwork - how you can look at those pieces and always find something new hidden within them.

When I was a child, I often laid on my back and stared up at the clouds and would see shapes and images floating high above me. Often times, complete scenes would unfold in front of me. With a vivid imagination I try to present the same essence within my own artwork. If you look at the shadow shapes and highlights within the image, other objects will start to take focus.

ARTIST'S BIO
I have always had a passion for art, even from a very early age. I was the go to person in the family when someone needed a poster drawn for a school project. When my older brother was in first grade, and I was in preschool, he had to draw a picture of his house for a class project. As he sat across the table from me, working on his drawing, I began working on my own drawing - an exact mirrored version of his.

Now many years later, I have been working as a graphic designer for nearly 15 years. Though I enjoy making a living being creative, its my personal work that drives my imagination and fuels my soul.

I am of the mindset that every picture has its own meaning to the viewer. If you ask ten people their thoughts on a particular piece, you will get ten different answers. Every individual brings forth their own experiences and feelings when admiring a piece of artwork.


Follow ups:

Adamson Gallery
12/7/10

Addison/Ripley Fine Art
11/17/10

Alex Gallery
11/17/10

Art Whino
submitted 10/1/10
**Case Number 1622996
Work submitted: Angelic Composition / vertigoBlue / Unknown / unlockedPossibilities / Etheric
*Remember, we catalog all submissions. There is no need to follow up to make sure your submission was seen. We are always looking for more artists, and we look at everything that comes our way. There is no cap on submissions. If you make new work and want to submit again, feel free to do so!

Conner Contemporary Art
12/7/10

DCAC (District of Columbia Arts Center)
11/17/10

Foxhall Gallery
11/17/10

Flashpoint
11/17/10
**Waiting on 2011 info to be posted

Fraser Gallery
11/17/10

Gallery1988 (California)
11/16/10
**We will be UNABLE TO RESPOND to all submissions (cause that would be hard), but will contact you within 2 weeks if we see an opening for your work.

Gallery Plan B
12/20/10

G Fine Art
12/7/10

LongView Gallery
11/17/10

The Marsha Mateyka Gallery
12/7/10

Reyes + Davis
11/17/10

Second Street Gallery (Charlottesville)
**Awaiting new submission info to be posted

Studio Gallery
11/17/10


Transformer Gallery
11/17/10
**Response sent to me, which I followed up on 12/21/10

Zenith Gallery
11/17/10


CD 2. Applejack Art Partners

http://www.applejackart.com

Attn: Jess Rogers

Applejack Art Partners

P.O. Box 1527

Manchester Center, Vermont 05255

Ph: 802.362.3662

*Accepts submission by mail only. For more information, please phone.


7. ArtVisions - 12/9/10

http://www.artvisions.com

*Accepts online submission only. Do not phone.


9. Bentley Publishing Group 12-9-10

http://www.bentleypublishinggroup.com

P.O. Box 5551

Walnut Creek, CA 94596

*Inquiries and submissions can be submitted on Web site, by mail, or e-mailed to edda@bentleypublishinggroup.com . Include form with mailed submission. Form can be found on Web site. Do not phone.


13. Chalk & Vermilion Fine Arts

http://chalk-vermilion.com/artist-submissions.html

Attn: Artist Submission Department

55 Old Post Road #2

Greenwich, CT 06830

*Accepts submission by mail only. Do not phone.


17. Deljou Art Group 12-9-10

http://www.deljouartgroup.com

1616 Huber Street,

Atlanta GA 30318

*Inquiries and submissions can be sent by mail or e-mail to submit@deljouartgroup.com Do not phone.


19. Discovery Galleries 12-9-10

http://www.discoverygalleries.com

Discovery Galleries Submissions

4840 Bethesda Avenue

Bethesda, Maryland 20814

*Inquiries and submissions can be sent by mail or e-mail to info@DiscoveryGalleries.com . Do not phone.

20. Editions Limited Galleries, Inc. 12-9-10

http://www.editionslimited.com

Attention: Todd Haile

4090 Halleck Street

Emeryville, CA 94608

*Inquiries and submissions can be sent by mail or e-mail to submissions@editionslimited.com .


26. Graphique de France 12-9-10

http://www.graphiquedefrance.com

*Accepts submission by e-mail only. Send to artworksubmissions@graphiquedefrance.com .


30. Image Conscious 12-9-10

http://www.imageconscious.com

Attn: Cindy Bardy

Director of Product Development

1261 Howard Street, 3rd Floor

San Francisco, CA 94103

*Inquiries and submissions can be sent by mail or e-mail to cbardy@imageconscious.com .


CD 35. Masterpiece Publishing Inc.

http://www.masterpiecepublishing.com

Attn: Artist Submissions

5 Watson

Irvine, CA 92618

*Accepts submission by mail only. Do not phone.


36. Modernart Editions 12-9-10

http://www.modernarteditions.com

Attn: Artist Submissions

165 Chubb Avenue

Lyndhurst, New Jersey 07071

Ph: 201-842-8500

*Inquiries and submissions can be sent by mail or e-mail to submitart@theartpublishinggroup.com . For further information, please phone.


1 comment:

  1. All the sites you provided were of great help and I would like to provide you with one more such site.
    http://www.artsia.com/

    ReplyDelete