APRIL 14, 2011 DEADLINE
THE BYTE GALLERY at Transylvania University, in Lexington, Kentucky, is accepting submissions for its 2011 SPRING EXHIBITION. The gallery is an interactive kiosk dedicated to exhibiting digital art, music, video, and other multimedia works by artists, dramatists, and musicians from around the world. Users control the kiosk with a touch interface, exploring and listening to works via a large digital display and headphones. Details: http://www.transy.edu/music/FATLab/Site/BYTE_GALLERY.html
1) Digital Print/Still Image The Digital Print/Still Image category is for fixed/still images where digital technology as an essential part of the creative process.
2) Electro-Acoustic Music The Electro-Acoustic Music category is for stereo works of music/sound art. These works should be electronically/digitally conceived and produced. In other words, these should not be recordings of vocal or instrumental acoustic compositions. It is certainly acceptable, however, that works may be derived from acoustic sound sources.
3) Videomusic The Videomusic category is for works that explore non-narrative abstraction with equal emphasis on electro-acoustic music/sound art and moving images. The video should be accompanied by stereo audio.
4) Dramatic Video The Dramatic Video category is theatrical work of short video/film where digital technology as an essential part of the creative process. The video should be accompanied by stereo audio, unless it is intentionally silent. If the work includes sound, it must be stereo.
5) Animation The Animation category is for video works that explore non-narrative abstraction with primary emphasis on moving images. Works may or may not include sound. If the work includes sound, it must be stereo.
Submission is through email only—do not attach anything to the email, instead provide links to your application materials.
Email your submission to email@example.com
Submissions must be received no later than April 14, 2011.
Completed submissions will include:
1) web link to a pdf/text file of the application form
2) web link to the submitted work (audio file, image file, movie file.. etc)
3) web link to a photo (image file) of the artist/composer/producer
Any questions? Please contact:
Dr. Timothy Polashek
Director, BYTE GALLERY AT TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY