Exhibition Dates: January 10 - February 4, 2012
Location: Box Heart Gallery
Type: Juried Theme Exhibition
Description: The 11th Annual Art Inter/National, Here and Abroad... 2012
Art Inter/National is a celebration of artistic expression from all over the world. It's an exhibition that displays how the space one occupies both influences and guides the creative process. Box Heart encourages diversity in the media used to create the work, in the artists and his/her interpretation of Art Inter/National. There are no limits or boundaries, no categories or types. Box Heart is looking for expressions in art that are not only cultivated, but also created because of each artist's place on this earth.
One artist will receive the Best of Show Award. This artist is awarded Box Heart "Artist of the Year" and receives their own Solo Exhibition in the 2013 Exhibition Year. This includes Gallery Representation with Box Heart Gallery.
Artist Submission Requirements:
- Artists that would like to be considered for an invitation to participate in the 2012 Art Inter/National Exhibition can begin submitting the proper materials to Box Heart Gallery on February 15, 2011. Applications are received until the deadline, November 1, 2011. Once all applications are received, review will begin. A maximum of twenty (20) artists will be invited to participate in the 2012 Art Inter/national Exhibition. All artists will be notified of those invited to participate before December 1, 2011.
- Commission on all sales is 40%. (All work must be for sale.)
- Submit an application, a maximum of three (3) entries to be considered, and an Artist Statement describing your interpretation of Art Inter/National.
- Submit the Artist Application available at: http://www.boxheart.org/exhib_app.pdf
- Submit an Artist Statement describing your interpretation of Art Inter/National and how the space around you influences your creative process.
- Submit a maximum of three (3) art works to be considered properly labeled with Name, Media, Size, and Price. Digital Images Only.
- Submit supporting artist materials such as; artist resume and artist biography. (optional)
Format for Digital Submissions:
- Subject of E-mail: your name_InterN2012
- Place your contact information into the body of the e-mail.
- Attach the Application as a .pdf file.
- Attach your Artist Statement and additional supporting material. (.doc file or .pdf file accepted)
- Format digital images:
1. Dimensions: Larger than 1400 pixels on the longest side.
2. File Format: Save all images as Baseline Standard JPEG. Do not save as a Progressive JPEG.
3. File Size: JPEGs must be under 2.0 MB.
4. Color space: Save images in RGB color space, preferably sRGB.
5. Label images: yourtitle_yourmedia&size_yourprice
- Attach your digital entries to the email.
- Send e-mail to: Box Heart Gallery.
Deadline and Notification:
- Whether submitting via snail mail or email, artists will receive confirmation that their application was received if they supply an email address.
- Deadline for applications: November 1, 2011 (post marked, no exceptions)
- Notification of artists selected: before December 1, 2011