Hillyer Art Space is currently looking for artists to exhibit their works for 2012-2013. Artists must be DC Metro area residents or international artists, and cannot have had a solo show in the past 3 years. Submissions must be received by October 28, 2011.
Proposals must include the following materials:
- Minimum of 5 images with a Maximum of 10 submitted on a disc or by email as a high resolution JPEG* (please save each of the images with their corresponding title)
- A complete checklist of works containing the title, year, medium, and dimension of each work
- Resume including address, email, phone number, education, previous exhibitions, etc.
- Artist statement or exhibition narrative not to exceed two pages
- * All works for consideration must have been completed within the last five years *
- All nominated artists must include their nominator's name in the submission materials. (Note: You do NOT have to have a nominator to submit)
- *Minimum accepted resolution on images is 72 dpi or 1920x 1080 pixels
Because Hillyer Art Space presents international exhibitions alongside works of local artists, our program guidelines require that artists must be living and working in DC, MD, VA, or abroad.
Please be aware that it may be some time before you hear back from us as Hillyer Art Space plans its exhibitions and programs between one and two years in advance. Please do not call to follow up: we will contact the artists in whom we have an interest.
Artists may deliver proposal materials via mail or email. If mailed, please provide a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like your materials returned.
Mail Submissions to:
Hillyer Art Space
attn: Samantha May
9 Hillyer Court NW
Washington DC 2008
Or Email them to:
*Incomplete Submissions Will NOT Be Considered*