Thursday, April 26, 2012
ArtDC Patron Show - Call for Entries, Become a Patron!
After three years, we’ve brought the art of the Washington, DC area artists into the eyes of the public at the artdc Gallery in Hyattsville, MD. We’ve hosted over 40 art shows with a positive following. We could not have done it with out you. It is now time to thank those who support us. We are inviting all of our patron supporters to hang their work in the artdc Gallery.
The Install is May 20th, 2012
The Reception is June 2nd, 2012
The De-install is June 24th , 2012
We will include at least one work of each patron of artdc.org (space permitting). Works of art should be professionally presented with a wire in back, and limited roughly to 36 x 48 inches. The art will be hung Salon Style. Sculpture and small installation works are welcomed.
Artists must submit 3 to 5 images to artdc at email@example.com. artdc will Jury the show. Submit your images as soon as possible with a deadline May 18th.
artdc will promote the show through facebook, our mailing lists, and a press release with all artist names.
In order to submit work, you must be a patron in good standing. View a list of patron’s here: http://artdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=3451.0 . If you have not renewed your patronage in the last year, you must renew.
The cost of patron support is $35 annually. If your patronage has expired, or would like to become an artdc.org patron, please send your support of $35 or more here: http://artdc.org/forum/index.php?page=52
All sales will be conducted directly between the artist and the collector with no gallery commission. The artist is 100% responsible for all Maryland Sales tax obligations for sales in the gallery.
About the space:
The artdc Gallery is located in the burgeoning Arts District of Hyattsville, MD, just outside the District of Columbia. Our light-filled space in the storefront of the Lustine Center, a striking, re-imagined 50's car dealership, anchors this lively street of shops, restaurants, independent businesses, and artist studios. For more information, visit the gallery web site http://artdc.com/art-space/
To get involved:
1. Become a patron of artdc.org.
2. Send up to five jpeg images of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org . Make sure the jpegs are 2000 x 2000 px or less and the file names include your name. The framed physical work should be no larger than 36” high x 48” wide. You may submit 3d work, but our floor space is limited.
(please title the email: 'Patron Member's Submission.')
3. We will select one or more of your submitted works to display in the show.
4. Deadline for submissions: May 19th.
5. Be at the gallery on May 20th 2012 to help hang the show.
6. When you deliver your work, it must include a removable tag on the back of your work with the Title, Artist's Name, Price, Materials, and contact information including email and phone number.
7. Come to the reception on June 2nd 2012, and invite your friends!
8. All artists are asked to Gallery sit for 5 hrs, if you can't make this obligation, you are welcomed to hire one of our approved gallery sitters to cover your shift.