Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Art Extravaganza Juried Show


September 15 – October 10, 2012
Reception: Saturday , September 15th 5pm – 8pm


The lone solitary juror has deliberated and has finally decided on 18 artists and their work to be showcased at the Arlington Arts Gallery for the Art Extravaganza show.

...that juror IS ME! :)

I was really impressed with the turn out for this show! The gallery received over 80 submissions, and it was hard to narrow it down. I love the diversity of all the submissions – it is an Art Extravaganza after all!

This is my first time being a juror for an art show, and it was very hard to narrow down the selection of art to a manageable size for the gallery. Not an easy task, I must say, especially with the talent and craftsmanship of the art submitted.

With the multitude of shows I have done over the years, I have received my fair share of rejection letters, and condolences from curators for not accepting my art into a particular show. And though I could not accept every artist and artwork into the show, I feel the pieces that were accepted show a great range of style and technique.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the reception on Saturday, Sept. 15th!

September 15 – October 10, 2012
Reception: Saturday , September 15th 5pm – 8pm

Showcasing the exemplary skills and craft of diverse artists,
and their wide range of styles and techniques.

Featuring artwork from:
David H. Frantz – Muriel A. Braxton – Anne Cherubim – Robert Barrett
Catherine Powers – Edwin Molina – Jacqlyn A. Sickler – Melinda Parrish
Emily Hoxworth – Stephanie Hopkins – Deborah Saks – Susanne Kasielke
Otis P. Motley – Kay Fuller – Jennifer Beinhacker – Ian Delaney Doherty
Rose Richey – Wendy Bridges

Juried by: Russ McIntosh

Arlington Arts Gallery
5179 #B Lee Hwy ( Entrance in Rear)
West Arlington, Virginia 22027

Phone: (703) 532-4350
Hours: Tue – Sat: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm



No comments:

Post a Comment