Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Delaplaine - The National Juried Photography Exhibit
The Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center, located in historic downtown Frederick, Maryland, announces the 2012 Juried Photography Exhibit November 3-25, 2012. All photographs, black & white, color, non-silver, computer-manipulated are eligible.
Juror: Will Stapp, founding Curator of Photographs, National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution.
Awards: Best in Show $1,000
First Place: $500
Second Place $250
Third Place: $125
Submission Deadline: October 1, 2012
Specifications: All photographs, black & white, color, computer-manipulated, digital, or pinhole are eligible. Size limitation: 48” in any one direction.
Fee: $35 per artist for up to 3 images. Cash or check (payable DVAEC); Indicate “Juried Photo Fee” on the memo line of your check. VISA, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
Notification: Accepted works will be posted on the Delaplaine Art Center’s website (delaplaine.org) no later than October 15, 2012.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submit images and the following documentation on a CD, saved in a folder labeled with your Last Name, as follows. CDs will not be returned.
• Images must be saved in JPEG format.
• JPEGS should be no more than 6 inches on any side when viewed at actual size on a computer.
• Title each image accordingly: 1. Title, 2. Title, 3. Title.
Documentation: Include a Word document listing the following:
• Your name, address, phone number, and email address.
• The titles, dimensions, media of your submissions, which match the order of the images on the CD.
• Indicate sale price of each or mark NFS (not for sale.)
2012 Ann. Juried Photog
Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center
40 S Carroll St, Frederick MD 21701