What comes to mind when you hear "Hot! Hot! Hot!"? The surface of the sun, steamy dances, ice melting on the sidewalk…Got an idea yet? Great, because that's what we want for the Hot! Hot! Hot! show in July. (almost) Anything goes, all media welcome and the show is open to all area artists!!
Curators: Tracy Wilkerson email@example.com
Tamara Wilkerson firstname.lastname@example.org
- This show is open to all area artists.
- Receiving takes place Sunday June 24, 6:30-8:30 pm and Monday June 25, 6:30-8:30 pm.
- Artists may submit up to 2 pieces of artwork. Entry fee is $5 per piece for members, $8 per piece for non-members. Please indicate if these works are Not For Sale (NFS) or priced to sell.
- Artists submitting work for display may also submit up to three additional matted & shrinkwrapped pieces for art-to-go sales. Entry fee is $5 for up to three take-away sale items. These works must be no larger than 18”x24” and priced to sell. When take-away items sell, the artist (at the curators’ discretions) may replenish them at no additional entry fee.
- Limited space for 3-D work due to Special Events – Salsa dancing etc. Contact Curator.
- Your art must be ready to hang or display with wire and screw eyes, mounting and/or display stand, framed, matted, or with edges finished. We cannot show work that is not ready for exhibition. See www.thedelrayartisans.org/shows/artguidelines.html for details.
- When your art work sells, you are asked to make a 20% donation (tax deductible) to Del Ray Artisans. To have this automatically deducted from you sale, please check the opt-in box on the other side of this form.
Accepted Artist Requirements:
- Artists are responsible for drop-off/pick-up arrangements, as well as delivery of sold work.
- All artists MUST gallery host and/or volunteer with set-up, hanging, opening/closing receptions and/or take down. Please bring your calendars so you can sign up for duties at receiving. We’ll ask you to contribute a food or beverage for the opening reception. These volunteer hours are for entry into this show only and not part of your “required membership volunteer 10 hours”
- Insurance for artwork and all arrangements for work sold is the responsibility of the artist. Neither Del Ray Artisans nor the City of Alexandria can be held liable for any loss or damage.
- Permission to photograph any work for DRA publicity purposes is automatically granted by the artist as a requisite for entering the show.
- Work must be original (no reproductions) and not previously exhibited in a DRA show.
- Any artwork left over 30 days after artwork pickup will be automatically donated to DRA for silent auction.
Click Here for Entry Form