Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lost Innocence

Lost Innocence

I just finished the 2nd piece for the upcoming ArtLibs show in Fort Washington, MD. This piece is based on a noun. This piece actually harkens back to my first drawing I remember ever making. My older brother was sitting across from me at the dining room table and he had to draw a picture of where he lived. Well we lived in a two story right next to a bridge and my brother drew this very simple childlike drawing of our house and the bridge and a car driving over it. I wanted to draw something too, but couldn't come up with anything so I drew what my brother was working on. As he worked directly across from me, my picture ended up being a mirror image of his down to the smallest details. My parents were amazed at my prowess and from then on encouraged my artistic abilities. Reflecting back on that picture, I took a warped outlook on trying to recreate that image with this piece. I hope you enjoy it.

This piece and the other DownsideUp will be on display at the Arts/Harmony Hall Regional Center from June 18th to August 10th. I can't wait to see the other finished "words"!

No comments:

Post a Comment